As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Bariatric surgery, also known as weight loss surgery, can be life-changing for individuals who have struggled with obesity. This type of surgery can significantly reduce the size of the stomach, leading to reduced food intake and ultimately weight loss. However, it’s important for individuals who have undergone bariatric surgery to pay close attention to what they drink, as their bodies may not be able to handle large amounts of liquid in one sitting. This is where a high-quality water bottle comes in, helping individuals stay hydrated throughout the day while also limiting their liquid intake. In this article, we’ll take a look at the best water bottles to use after bariatric surgery.
What to Look for in a Water Bottle After Bariatric Surgery
When shopping for a water bottle after bariatric surgery, there are a few key factors to consider.
- Size: It’s important to find a water bottle that is small enough to allow for controlled sipping throughout the day, rather than chugging large amounts of liquid all at once.
- Material: The material of the water bottle is also important, as certain materials can harbor bacteria or leach chemicals into the water. Look for a bottle made of safe, non-toxic materials such as stainless steel or BPA-free plastic.
- Portability: Individuals who have undergone bariatric surgery are encouraged to drink water throughout the day, so it’s important to find a bottle that is easy to take on-the-go. Look for a bottle with a convenient handle or strap for easy transport.
- Durability: Bariatric surgery can be a significant investment, so it’s important to find a water bottle that is durable and able to withstand daily use.
The Top Water Bottles After Bariatric Surgery
- Hydro Flask: This stainless steel bottle is durable, insulated, and comes in a variety of sizes, making it perfect for individuals who have undergone bariatric surgery. Its double-walled design keeps drinks cold for up to 24 hours, making it ideal for individuals who need to limit their liquid intake to specific times of day.
- S’well: This BPA-free plastic bottle comes in a variety of sizes and designs, making it a great option for individuals who have undergone bariatric surgery. Its triple-layered insulation keeps drinks cold for up to 24 hours and hot for up to 12, making it perfect for all-day hydration.
- CamelBak Eddy: This BPA-free plastic water bottle is designed with a bite valve, making it easy to sip water throughout the day without having to unscrew the cap. Its flip, bite and sip design makes it a great option for individuals who have undergone bariatric surgery.
- Contigo Autoseal: This BPA-free plastic water bottle has an automatic sealing lid that helps prevent leaks and spills. Its compact design and carrying handle make it easy to take on-the-go, making it a great option for individuals who have undergone bariatric surgery.
- Thermos Intak: This BPA-free plastic water bottle has a locking flip cap and a rotating meter to track daily water intake. Its compact design makes it easy to take on-the-go, making it a great option for individuals who have undergone bariatric surgery.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Water Bottle for Bariatric Surgery
When choosing a water bottle for bariatric surgery, there are several factors to consider, including size, capacity, and ease of use. You should also consider the material that the water bottle is made from, as well as its insulation properties, if you want to keep your water cold for hours.
Finding the right water bottle for bariatric surgery can be challenging, but with the right information and a bit of research, you can find the perfect one for your needs. Consider the factors mentioned above, such as size, capacity, and ease of use, as well as the material and insulation properties of the water bottle. With the right water bottle, you can ensure that you are getting enough fluids to support your recovery and prevent complications after bariatric surgery.
It is important to choose a water bottle that is specifically designed for bariatric patients, as it will have features that make it easier to drink enough fluids.
It is not necessary to keep your water cold after bariatric surgery, but some bariatric patients prefer to have cold water to drink. A vacuum-insulated water bottle can keep your water cold for hours.
Yes, drinking from a water bottle with a straw can be easier for some bariatric patients after surgery. Just make sure the straw is wide enough for you to drink comfortably.
It is recommended that bariatric patients drink at least 64 ounces of water each day, so aim to drink from your water bottle regularly throughout the day to meet this requirement.
BPA-free plastic or stainless steel are safe options for a water bottle after bariatric surgery. Just make sure the water bottle is made from a high-quality, durable material to ensure it lasts for a long time.